In snowy or inclement weather we suggest that you always assume school is open and that the decision for individual families to travel will be entirely up to them. In poor conditions, parents may want to delay setting out until road conditions improve and early morning traffic has cleared. However please inform the school if this is the case so that we know for morning registration.
If it is not possible to open the school the Headteacher will:
• Contact NCC who will post the closure on their website
• Contact Radio Newcastle (95.4FM) to inform them of the closure
• Update the school website Home Page with closure information
If snowy conditions persist through the day, we will take advantage of the weather and playtimes may offer an opportunity to play in the snow! Please send in appropriate clothing for the children so they can stay warm. Sledges may be left in the playground.
Bad Weather during the Day:
We will monitor the weather with the Met Office website so that any severe weather warnings or alerts can be responded to. We will inform parents of deteriorating weather conditions during the day via Parentmail as our emergency alert scheme. We will also place an alert on the school website Home page.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is directly linked to academic and personal success.
- Regular attendance promotes the effective learning of all.
- Regular attendance promotes well being and the ability to maintain positive friendships.
- Regular attendance and high levels of punctuality will assist in developing self-discipline and will help to prepare students for their future.
Welcome to our School Website!
In our small community school, we aim to provide a warm, enjoyable, caring atmosphere in which children can learn and succeed. We are committed to working with parents to create a partnership to enable the children to flourish.
We think that our school is very special and believe that children have the right to a lively, interesting and varied education which allows them to develop. That's why the children play a large part in planning their learning activities.
Our school is set in beautiful, spacious grounds, which are an ideal setting for children to interact, play and expand their knowledge and understanding.
The school is situated in the village of Riding Mill, approximately 6 miles east of Hexham.
As a Church school we have links with the village church of St. James' and we uphold the Christian ethos at all times. We welcome people of all faiths and none, and promote understanding, respect and celebration for all.